Swansea interracial dating site
Oxford Da-ting P-of
2020.07.27 13:10 blind27JJul Oxford Da-ting P-of
2020.07.04 17:51 ezgo22 Underrated Audio Dramas: First Half of 2020
So according to u/thecambridgegeek
's AudioDramaDebut Twitter feed, he's tracked 625 audio drama/fiction/RPG debuts in the first half of 2020 alone. That is quite the avalanche. Many good shows got their due recognition but some may have fallen through the cracks. I've a curated list of debuts from late 2019 to now, that still have 20 or fewer ratings on the iTunes store. Links are to landing pages with multiple subscription options or RSS feeds. If you have suggestions for shows that I may have missed, please feel free to add in the comments. If you're interested in past posts I have made on this subject, check these links out: 1
There's also been interest in supporting podcasts by Black creators
so I've highlighted the relevant podcasts.
- Verity Weaver (Space Adventure, Philosophy, Complete): If you were given the chance to escape into the illusion of a perfect life, would you take it? Verity Weaver is a gritty, honest, and immersive science-fiction audio drama about reality, identity, and what we owe to the universe.
- Genius by Tracey Houston (Sherlock Holmes, Romantic Thriller): Sabine Moriarty, a brilliant but reclusive mathematician, is caught between her criminal brother Jim and his rival- Sherlock Holmes.
- NORA by Shadeaux Public Radio(Horror, Complete): These recordings were emailed to us without explanation. The sender has not responded to any questions. We cannot confirm the veracity of the information contained within, but believe that the creator of these recordings is acting in good faith. The woman, who calls herself NORA, is investigating a strange series of events that wander between the boundaries of perception and reality. There is some suggestion of organized crime, paranormal influence, or perhaps simple madness. We will continue to make these available as they are sent to us. They present no danger to the listener and seem to provide a source of support for the creator.
- Inco by ItMe (Space Opera): A Sci-Fi story about a disgruntled information seller, a mysterious space boy, and an android doing her best.
- COVID39 (Science Fiction, Current Events, Black Creator): Twenty years after Covid-19 brought the world to a standstill, a man and a woman who were quarantined together as kids question the validity of their current romantic relationship. They salvage audio recordings left by their parents during the pandemic, our present, to come to terms with their trauma. This is a fictional audio drama that points out the humanity of our fateful present and examines the future we are helping to create for our children.
- Putting 2&2 Together (Drama, LGBTQ): What do you do when the sh*t has already hit the fan? A former comic book artist out to re-invent himself. His estranged sister who isn't ready to forgive. The mild-mannered accountant who loved them both. And the ever-expanding world around them all. Join Tommy Hanson and friends as they become the best versions of themselves by "Putting 2&2 Together."
- Georgie Romero is Done For (Comedy, Supernatural): Georgie Romero has risen from the grave, driven to solve the mystery of her former human life with the help of an inept witch and a cynical ghost.
- Have Monster, Will Travel (Comedy, Cryptids): There are very few moments in your life where you can do something radical for someone you love. Meet Riley and Render. Roommates. Best friends. There's just one small hitch. Riley is a young career-focused woman with a little bit of burnout and Render... well, he's a monster. When Render admits feelings of sadness over not knowing who he is or where he comes from, Riley makes a bold choice: find his family, whatever the cost. Have Monster, Will Travel: they're just two best friends on the adventure of a lifetime.
- That Damned Hotel (Comedy, Supernatural): The place: Hollow Grove Hotel, a lovely establishment that's been the site of only a few (dozen) murders over the years. Also, it stands over a portal to hell, so it might have a minor demon infestation. But, no bedbugs!
- Desperado (Folklore, Superpowers): Blood magic, Voodoo magic, old gods, new gods: We've got it all! Follow the story of misfits from all over the world, as they try to survive and protect their heritage from modern-day crusaders.
- The Pasithea Powder (Science Fiction): On a faraway world, Captain Sophie Green is recovering from a war that ripped her planet apart and left her personal relationships for dead. Among the many atrocities committed on both sides was the invention of Pasithea Powder, a drug with memory altering properties. Thankfully, the drug has been eradicated and only a handful of scientists—now political prisoners—know how to recreate it. When Sophie sees one of those scientists walking free, she has no choice but to turn to an estranged friend for help.
- The All Arcadians (Fantasy, Comedy): The All-Arcadians is a fantasy radio play following a team of misfits attempting to find their way in the magical land of Arcadia. Through their series of dungeons and dragons inspired misadventures and conversations- chock full of pop culture and meta-references- the Arcadians learn who they are and what they mean to each other.
- Mage and Machine (Science Fiction/Fantasy): A mysterious teenage sorceress escapes from her tower and teams up with a cyborg ex-con with a shady past, as they try to stay one step ahead of the ruthless Royal Sorceress bent on imprisoning them both.
- Connie Cosmos (Space Opera): Equipped with only her communicator ring, robotic arm and quick wit, Connie Cosmos fights all manner of fearsome foes. Join Connie and all her equally compelling friends as they tangle with the great galactic evil of Zander Zar. Can our heroes stop evil and still find their way back home to Earth? Find out on the exciting first season of Connie Cosmos.
- I Want Everything (Comedy, Surreal, Complete): Two young strangers appear in a dimensionless void. They learn from their unwilling and flatulent guide that they have been summoned to undertake The Bidding. The Bidding is a difficult, no, nearly impossible task. The most likely outcome for the summoned is death ... but completing The Bidding is their only way home. What is the curious purpose of these quests? Who are the mysterious Stewards who oversee the process? What ancient prophesies drive a conflict that threatens to engulf our heroes and the vast Hachne Empire? What happens when a Giant meets a social influencer and why does everyone dream that someone else has taken their spoon!?
- The New Colossus (Drama, Complete): A family of frustrated, attention-starved artists flocks to the seashore. One of them has a gun...what could possibly go wrong? A darkly comic reboot of Chekhov’s classic THE SEAGULL, this rollicking tale examines the pitfalls of making art and making love in modern day America.
- Peer Gynt (Satire, Folkore, Complete): A full cast audio drama adaptation of Ibsen’s classic play.
- Greyhounds (Historical Fiction, Complete): Greyhounds charts the trials and tribulations of every day life during the Second World War for the residents of Shuttlefield village. From a disastrous production of Henry V in aid of the Spitfire Fund, to a bittersweet street party on VE Day, follow the lives of those on the home front with a touch of comedy, a taste of Shakespeare, and pure vintage flair! (The podcast feed lacks the last 3 episodes, which are available via the website)
- Fire Bird (Folklore, Complete): Fire Bird tells the story of Prince Ivan Tsarevich, youngest son of a powerful Tsar who leaves the comforts of the Mortal Lands to venture into the Wilds, where creatures of myth still dwell and danger lies around every turn. Unknowingly drawn into a deadly battle of wills by an immortal sorcerer . . .A labour of love for its writer, Fire Bird weaves together different renditions of the phoenix story with established Slavic folklore to tell a unique version of the legendary bird’s tale.
- Dueling Pistols (Historical Fiction, Complete): Both men raised a pistol for the chance to start again. One would pull the trigger to protect a friend. One to eliminate an enemy. Of the seven witnesses, one man had just struck gold, one spoke a psalm to clear away the sins of his son, and two men present were no men at all. The town Madame was there, her pockets lined with treasure. The Mayor was there, believing himself a king. The Sheriff arrived as they were counting out their paces; but not even he would attempt to stop these dueling pistols. This is a historical fiction story set in the gold rush era. The story is inspired by a wine named Dueling Pistols.
- Temujin (Historical Fiction, Complete): Fallen aristocrat Jamukha is surrendered to the camp of his sworn brother and rival, Genghis Khan. Told from Jamukha’s perspective on what might be the last night of his life, TEMUJIN: AN AUDIO DRAMA tells the story of two young warlords caught between empire-building and tender brotherhood. TEMUJIN: AN AUDIO DRAMA is an audio-only historical drama, and an adaptation of the Central Asian epic The Secret History of the Mongols.
- Blake Skye: Private Eye (Noir, Lovecraft): Down on his luck gumshoe Blake Skye only had two options: take the job or die in the gutter. But worse things than death lie waiting in the shadows of the City. What madness and horror await, and can our intrepid investigator survive it? Find out, in this thrilling drama that mixes Raymond Chandler and H. P. Lovecraft in an exciting and modern cocktail of danger, romance, suspense, and cosmic horror from the mind and mouth of S. J. Ryker, with new episodes the last Sunday of every month!
- Kiss: The Audio Series (Serial Killer, Erotic, Black Creator): Some believe that a kiss is one of the most intimate connections that two people can share, but when it comes to Washington, D.C.'s Lipstick Serial Killer; a mere kiss could easily equate to death. The "Kiss of Death," as she is known to the public; preys on attractive, unsuspecting men with only one objective in mind: TO KILL! Sealing each murder with a sinful kiss to the frontal lobe, The "Kiss of Death" plots to destroy every man in her path for as long as she can.
- Destination: Earth (Space Adventure, Complete): A riveting sci-fi audio drama about the search for long-lost planet Earth.
- The Disappearance of Cedar Hills (Science Fiction, Noir): Broadcasting from The Orion Theatre, Orion Radio presents The Disappearance of Cedar Hills. Join us as we dive into the long lost tapes of famous Private Investigator, Thomas Larson as he explores the mysterious town of Cedar Hills.
- The Adventures of Dick Cutter, Private Detective (Comedy, Noir): Dick Cutter, Swansea’s greatest - and only - hardboiled detective is down on his luck, down on his debts, and down to his last oreo. When the wife of a missing physicist hires him, Cutter hopes for a quick and easy case. However, on the mean streets of Swansea, not everything is as it seems. Join Dick Cutter, Private Detective, on a rip-rolling adventure involving mad scientists, Vladimir Putin, drunk hoovers and innuendo. Lots and lots of innuendo.
- Omegaman (Superhero): Omegaman is set in an alternate reality of the United States where in 2008, a real life superhero appeared: Omegaman. The story begins in 2019 centered on a reporter visiting a prison specially designed to house supervillains. Her assignment? To interview some of the more prominent villains (some super powered and some not) about their first encounters with Omegaman, in search of uncovering a secret conspiracy.
- Tomorrow, The Void (Science Fiction): Light-years away from a dying Earth, humanity’s last hope rides aboard the Dellingr, a ship on course to a distant planet to start life anew. Follow the five crew members on board, far away from all they knew and loved, tasked with a mission that is falling apart in unexpected, strange, and horrific ways. Are all the classic sci-fi’s wrong? Is love really the answer to everything? Or was this all doomed from the start?
- The Green Horizon (Space Adventure): Irish comedy audio-drama that focuses on a na'er - do - well captain and his rag-tag crew as they traverse a war-torn Galaxy in search of fame and fortune. Their journey brings them across many characters and many dangers that they must deal with the only way Irish people can; with a bit of ingenuity and a lot of luck.
- Path of Legends (Fantasy, Folklore): Magic is forbidden in the Kingdom, but when three children come upon an abandoned wizard's workshop, they cannot help but explore it. While looking through an old spellbook, Philip suddenly vanishes into thin air! Now his sister and best friend must set out on the journey of a lifetime to find where he has gone and bring him back...
- Monotony: The Musical (Romantic Comedy, Musical, Complete): HERBERT HANDLER III is a timid accountant with smudged glasses who dreams of a life free from spreadsheets -- and free from his tyrannical boss, MR. MCGIVER. But he can’t just quit! Accounting was his deceased father’s chosen profession, and what was good enough for his dad should be good enough for him! And yet, the thought of devoting his life to accounting is fueling Herbert’s nightmares. If only he had the courage to live life on his own terms, free of his father’s expectations, like his boss’ cute son, Theo.
- VOID (Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic): Set in the year 2083 the Earth is now a desolate, radioactive wasteland after years of pollution and deregulation have taken their toll. A group of survivors living underground is now the only hope for our future as they endeavor to leave the colony on Earth to venture into space in search of a new home planet working desperately to keep mankind alive.
- The Sheridan Tapes (Horror): In 2018, famed horror writer Anna Sheridan disappeared, leaving behind only a box of mysterious cassette tapes. Detective Sam Bailey is tasked with piecing together what happened to Anna Sheridan from the seemingly impossible encounters she recorded, but as the scattered pieces of the puzzle come together, Bailey discovers that the picture is even stranger – and more dangerous – than it seemed.
- The Nonbinary Carrie Bradshaw (LGBTQ, Slice of Life): The Nonbinary Carrie Bradshaw is a fiction podcast about four queer and trans friends dating, crying, and waiting for the subway in New York City.
- Address: House of Corrections (Historical Fiction, Black Creator): Unfolding against the backdrop of ugly southern tradition, the great Migration North and Detroit’s former glory, "Address: House of Corrections" seamlessly weaves between the time periods of 1947 to 1968 and follows the journey of MERRY, an ex-con and recovering addict, from a rarely seen Black woman’s point of view.
- Being Socially Distant (Comedy, Current Events): Emily is nailing homeschooling with virtual museum tours, a fun-filled Viking project and regular yoga in the garden, as well as whipping up something from the pantry for date night with husband Steve. Pippa is getting to grips with new levels of online dating that only the desperation of two kids in lockdown could push you to, whilst Kate is a ticking timebomb holding all the shit together whilst her husband cycles round the countryside looking after his mental health.Working from home, competitive parenting, sexual frustration, homeschooling and stuffed hamsters - three households all managing in their own way. Emily, Pippa and Kate Skype, Zoom and Houseparty their way through the day whilst negotiating relationships with cooped-up partners and the constant requests for more screen time. Sound familiar
- Society of Supernatural Safety (Supernatural): The story of Hal Erickson, his friend Laurel Nare, and his various supernatural friends and pupils whom he meets through his secret government job. However, every one of them have quite a few secrets, including Hal.
- The Others by Manic Bee Media (Horror): Mabel, a young troubled botanist takes a job on a space station bound for a new world and a new life. But when the ship collides with unknown debris new alien life finds her instead. Mabel must outwit her pacifist AI and win a war against the aliens if she hopes to survive.
- Darian Blue (Private Investigator, Black Creator): Private Investigator Darian Blue is THE one to call when you need answers. Is it a man's world? Not when Darian Blue is on the job.
- SENTINELS: Point of No Return (Space Opera, Black Creator): Five hundred years in the future, corporate control of humanity is total. The TransCorps own everything; Earth, the dozens of colonies across the Solar System, and the very genes of their workers. The second-class Genens of the System are oppressed economically and beaten down by prejudice, until a cataclysm forces the pure-gene Sentinel security force to integrate. Can a conscripted crew of young people from very different backgrounds change the System enough to save humanity? Or will they destroy it?
- Dead Sirius (Zombies, Magic): Follow the story of Sirius, a man who took matters into his own hands when the zombie apocalypse began, and joined the ranks of the dead before they could force him to. Now a walking, talking, thinking corpse, how will Sirius handle the later stages of the zombie invasion?
- CovenCast: A Disaster’s Guide to Magic (Magic): Life is forever changed when the Rivera sisters, Pilar and Carmen discover they are witches and now apart of the supernatural world. They recruit their closest friends to start a coven...and a podcast.
- Lady Lucy (Historical Fiction, Black Creator): Lady Lucy is an audio drama inspired by Shakespeare's "Dark Lady" Sonnets, 127-154. Between running her brothel, fighting the Church, murdering her friends' abusive husbands, and pretending to be a poet, the last thing Lucy needed back in 1586 was a surprise visit from her former flame... Will Shakespeare.
- Finsbury (Comedy, Multiple Universes): In which Jack Fiscock tries to get his tumultuous life back on track by moving in with some unexpected flat mates and loses his most prized possession… in another dimension.
- Archergeddon! (Comedy, Complete): Welcome to the village of Bambersham where preparations for the Easter Fete are in full swing! Jane Barkley (Mel Giedroyc), the newly appointed chair of Bambersham Council, needs to organise the raffle, sort the tombola... Oh, and stop the world from ending (but most importantly, organise the raffle). From a deadly virus to a horde of the undead, can the most unlikely of villages survive the apocalypse?
- Really Important Person Book Club (Satire, Politics): An audio comedy drama where every episode the current president of the USA sits down with a figure of note to discuss a not very carefully chosen book.
- The Haven Project (Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic): This post-apocalyptic audio drama will immerse you in a world where climate change has severely affected agricultural production, and humanity's survival is threatened by food insecurity. The citizens of Haven are a minority group that enjoys plentiful fresh food, partly thanks to their location in the now-temperate north, and partly due to proprietary technological advancements that they keep under wraps. How long can Haven thrive in this bleak world, and how will they deal with the threat of Outsiders? Explore some of the causes of food insecurity, as well as some real-world advancements that might help us overcome it in this interdisciplinary educational initiative from Feeding 9 Billion.
- The Pogley Wood Murders (Comedy, Mystery): In these troubled times, why not travel back to 1937? Listen to the murderously funny ongoing saga from Pogley Wood and Morlington Hill, the sleepy Cornish villages steeped in folklore and supernatural goings-on.... Join our intrepid local police force, D.I. Arthur Sixpence, Sgt. Dingle, Constable Knibblett and forensic expert Miss Betty Swallocks as they solve a series of murders - never a week passes by without one!
- Majoring In Me (LGBTQ, Black Creator): In 2006, Tritan Steele arrives at Hamilton University. And if being a freshman at a school far from home wasn't enough, he's dealing with his newfound sexuality, his recent healthcare, and resurfaced old familial wounds.
- Sticks Shift Incorporated (Science Fiction, Mystery): What would you do if the company you worked for started to feel a little bit off? And not just in a criminal enterprise kind of way, but in a reality-bending, defying laws of nature kind of way?
- Vampire Needed (Supernatural): A team of supernatural beings, led by their human Aegis – a loremistress named Roy – have been tasked to remove a ghost from a building. But the threat of a ghost is not the worst problem they come face-to-faces with.
- Triple Six (Thriller, Complete): A Texas couple head for Las Vegas to rekindle their marriage. When an international underworld of gangsters and gamblers kidnaps the wife and forces the husband to play twisted games to win her back.
- Ex Pat (Romantic Comedy): A comedy about an interracial and international romance between a Filipina American gal and an Irish guy and the culture clash that happens as a result.
- Flies in the Jar (Crime Thriller): Two friends embark on a journey to take back what was stolen. They’ll have to face the past in order to understand the present.
- Null/Void (Science Fiction/Fantasy): Null /Void is a science fiction audio drama about a young woman, Piper Lee, whose life is saved by a mysterious voice named Adelaide. Piper soon uncovers a malicious plot by a monopoly of a tech company and must work with her friends and an unusual ally to help foil their deadly plot.
- Novitero (Space Adventure, Heist): Banished from her home due to a mistake that cost her half her family's fortune, Princess Cesaleza is left with a choice: find a way to make up the lost funds or leave her home forever. When a raid unites her with a group of wanted criminals, Cesa creates an unlikely alliance with the crew. She explains her financial problem and her plan to fix it.
submitted by ezgo22
to audiodrama [link] [comments]